My Guide Website?
Thailand's Road to Democracy: A Self-Guided Audio Tour
Take a journey into the volatile politics of modern Thailand on this self-guided audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS-playback on this immersive stroll through Thailand.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Follow along the path Thailand took to reach democracy
- Hear from producer author Christopher Burslem
- Do it all in 40 minutes or linger at stops along the way with complete control
- Get unlimited use of the tour before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionDemocracy Monument was built in 1939 to mark the end of absolute monarchy in Thailand and the introduction of a 'people's constitution'. It was really just the beginning of a decades-long struggle to achieve a truly representative political system. Many of the most momentous milestones in that battle have taken place on the stretch between Thammasat University and Democracy Monument. This is essentially a stroll through Thailand's modern political history.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- You need to install the VoiceMap smartphone app.
- You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
- This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next.
- When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point.
- This tour is only available in English.