My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Maeklong Railway & Amphawa Floating Market Day Trip370 Reviews
Experience the energy of the vendors at the Maeklong railway and the bustling Amphawa Floating Market on this tour from Bangkok. End the day with a magical boat tour to an area with fireflies.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bangkok: Erawan Park & Kanchanaburi Small-Group Tour
- Bangkok: City Highlights Temple and Market Walking Tour
- From Bangkok: Holy Tattoo Experience at Wat Bang Phra
- Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok: Private Hotel Transfers
- Bangkok: Markets, Temples and Food Night Tour by Tuk Tuk
- Visit the Train Market and see the vendors close their awnings as trains pass
- Marvel at the resourcefulness of the vendors at the Amphawa Floating Market
- Enjoy a sunset river cruise surrounded by fireflies
- Last-minute booking is available for the meeting point option
- Explore responsibly with a GSTC-certified tour.
DescriptionThe markets of Thailand are some of the country’s most quintessential experiences; they give you a lively peek inside the more traditional culture of a country that often lives by water (or in this case, by the railroad tracks as well). On this full-day guided tour, you'll be taken to the most iconic markets on the outskirts of Bangkok, ending with a relaxing firefly boat tour to wind down from the day’s excitement. Maeklong Train Market is a fresh market situated right by a well-worn railroad. Watch the vendors expertly close and open their awnings to make room as the trains pass by. Wat Bang Kung is a striking Buddhist temple engulfed by the roots of a massive Banyan Tree. Learn about its bloody battle history and see the Golden Buddha inside. Located on the Amphawa canal, the Amphawa Floating Market is one of Thailand's more popular floating markets. Visit this riverside market and see vendors selling delicious treats like sweets and seafood, or browse some of the shophouses and restaurants. After sunset, when the lights have dimmed, you'll wind down with a relaxing river cruise. Your boat will take you a little further out where it is dark enough to see the fireflies, before heading back to your accommodations at 9:00 PM, ending a day of simple pleasures and tastes with the comforting sight of these lightning bugs. Enjoy a low-impact way of exploring. On this tour, you explore sustainable experiences that prioritize providing water in glass bottles and offsetting carbon emissions in every tour, reducing your environmental impact and carbon footprint.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Tour guide Firefly boat tour A glass bottle of drinking water Insurance
- This tour is only available from Friday to Sunday.
- Same-day booking is available for the meeting point option subject to availability
- Clothes that show the shoulders, underarms, back, and knees are not allowed in some sites on this tour, and implementation of these dress codes may be strict. Kindly bring a sarong, scarf, or sweater to cover up or wear clothes that fit the dress code
- This is a sustainable and GST-certified experience that cuts your carbon footprint and reduces emissions