My Guide Website?
Bangkok's Temple & River of Kings Experience with a local43 Reviews
Explore the canals of the Chao Phraya River by longtail boat. Experience local Bangkok away from the tourist trail. Wander through the Wat Pho temple complex. Marvel at the dazzling Grand Palace. See the revered Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the canals of the Chao Phraya River by longtail boat
- Wander through the Wat Po temple complex
- Marvel at the dazzling Grand Palace on a shared group or private tour
- See the revered Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kae
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionDiscover Bangkok’s glittering heart on this grand journey along its web of canals. Glide down the Chao Phraya River on a longtail boat past a vibrant array of daily life. Admire the reclining Buddha on a tour through Wat Pho and marvel at the magnificence of the Grand Palace. From the fluid veins of the city, to the spiritual heart of the nation, embark on this voyage of discovery. Begin your Bangkok tour by riding a local public bus to The Grand Palace Complex. Built in 1782 in time for the coronation of King Rama I, the Grand Palace served as the official residence of the King of Siam, the Royal Court and administrative seat of government until the early 1900s. Despite no longer being the official residence of the king, the Grand Palace is still very much the spiritual centre of the nation and used for various ceremonies during the year. Included in the trip will be a visit to Wat Phra Kaew, which houses the revered Emerald Buddha. Your local guide will take you through the grounds of the palace providing a fascinating insight into this majestic place. After that, walk to the nearby magnificent temple Wat Pho which derives its name from the original Wat Potaram (in 1801 the temple was renamed Wat Phra Chetuphon). The temple is the center of the Buddhist religion in Thailand, the country’s first university, and is still a center of learning for traditional Thai massage and medicines. Founded in the 17th century, Wat Pho is the oldest Buddhist temple in Bangkok. Your guide will take you on a tour through the temple complex. Continue the tour by walking down to the Chao Praya River (meaning River of Kings), where you board a long tail boat for a journey along the river and into the khlongs (canals) of Bangkok. In centuries past, Bangkok was often referred to as the 'Venice of the East' with a vast network of khlongs through the city which were utilised as a transport network. With the passage of time many of these khlongs have been filled in and converted to roads for more modern forms of transport. In the Thonburi area of Bangkok many of the khlongs survive, and this boat trip will provide you with an insight into the lives of people who live along the khlongs, which seems a world away from the chaotic streets of Bangkok. At the end of your walking tour in Bangkok you are free to continue exploring the area or your guide will assist you in getting a taxi back to your hotel.
IncludesLocal guide Longtail boat ride down the River of Kings Entrance fee to Wat Pra Kaew, Grand Palace, and Wat Pho
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices
- Children must be aged between 6 and 11 years
- Dress requirements to enter the Grand Palace are very strict. Please ensure your clothes cover your shoulders and waist (scarves or shawls worn over sleeveless tops are not permitted). Trousers or skirts must be ankle-length
- Closure of sites: the order of the tour itinerary and the route of the klong (canal) tour may change depending on the water levels in individual klongs
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip is appropriate, although not necessary