My Guide Website?
From Bangkok: Ayutthaya & Khao Yai National Park Day Trip19 Reviews
Take this chance to explore the UNESCO-listed sites of Bangkok. Visit Khao Yai National Park for stunning views, and discover the temples of Ayutthaya on this full-day trip.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bangkok: Erawan Park & Kanchanaburi Small-Group Tour
- Bangkok: City Highlights Temple and Market Walking Tour
- From Bangkok: Holy Tattoo Experience at Wat Bang Phra
- Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok: Private Hotel Transfers
- Bangkok: Markets, Temples and Food Night Tour by Tuk Tuk
- Enjoy a fun day trip to both highlights of Thailand, Ancient Ayutthaya and Khao Yai National Park
- Explore temples and ruins in Ayutthaya, the former capital city of Thailand
- Visit Wat Mahathat to find the Buddha's head in the middle of banyan tree
- Explore Wat Phra Si Sanphet, with its wonderful atmosphere
- Discover Khao Yai National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day trip out of Bangkok, explore the impressive monuments and temple ruins built during the Ayutthaya era. Make your first stop at Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon to see the 42-meter-long reclining white Buddha. Then, head to Wat Phra Mahathat to spot the famous tree that has grown around a Buddha's head. Take a selfie with the Buddha's head, but make sure you sit on your knees to show respect, as it is considered holy by Thais. Continue to Wat Phra Si Sanphet, the largest temple in Ayutthaya, known for its distinctive row of restored chedis. Housed within the grounds of the former royal palace, the temple was used only for royal religious ceremonies. The three Chedis are very elegant, and the whole place gives a good impression of what it may have looked like before the city was destroyed. You then make another stop in Ayutthaya at Wihan Phra Mongkhon Bophit. This is one of the biggest Buddha images in Thailand, with a lap measurement at 9.55 meters and a height of 12.45 meters. It is a good model of the Buddha image during the end of Ayutthaya reign. From there, continue to a local restaurant, where you will be served authentic Thai dishes. Move on to Khao Yai National Park and stop at Haew Narok Waterfall to see a beautiful view of the waterfall by walking just 1 kilometer from the main road. Taking a safe trail down the cliff, continue to the Visitor Center to hear about the park’s history and attractions. The final stop is KM 30 Viewpoint on Thanarat Road, and after the wonderful journey, you will return to your hotel in Bangkok, arriving at around 6:30 PM.
IncludesPassenger insurance Travel planning service Licensed English-speaking tour guide 3 bottles of water and 3 refreshing towels per person Raincoats & anti-leech socks during the rainy season Lunch in a local restaurant with bottled water (excluding soft drinks) Round trip transportation from Bangkok by comfortable minivan, vehicle, or car Admission fees to Wat Mahathat, Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Wihan Phra Mongkhon Bophit, Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon (Reclining Buddha), and Khao Yai National park (a UNESCO World Heritage site) Hotel pickup and drop-off from the following locations: Chidlom Ploenchit, Chinatown, Khao San Road, Pratunam, Sathorn, Siam, Silom, and Sukhumvit (from Soi 1 to 33 and from Soi 2 to 26)
- Swimming is not permitted
- Bring sun protection as needed
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under the age of 2 are complimentary
- Please note, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing
- Please inform the tour operator if you have any dietary restrictions and allergies
- Child rate applies only when sharing with a paying adult or private 1-9 adults
- Visitors can wear sandals and flip-flops (in a suitable design) with a strap at the back
- Please provide a full list of names (as they appear on passports), for the insurance policy
- Blouses, T-shirts or polo shirts are permitted; shoulders and knees must be covered; jeans are allowed; wear comfortable clothing and good walking shoes