My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Grand Palace Self-Guided Walking Tour
Explore the spacious grounds of the Grand Palace, unearth the thrilling mysteries of the Emerald Buddha, and discover the significance of this royal and religious site on this self-guided tour.
- Explore the Grand Palace, a complex of buildings at the heart of Bangkok, Thailand that includes the famous Emerald Buddha
- Learn about everything that makes this spot so unique with a self-guided walking tour that acts as narrator, guide, and map in one
- Walk through the grounds of the Grand Palace as you admire its unique architecture, storied history, and beautiful adornments
- Explore the home of the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and learn about its mysterious origins
- Check out the numerous temples, buildings, and palaces within the Grand Palace complex
DescriptionWelcome to the narrated, offline, self-guided walking tour of the Grand Palace and Temple of the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok. Explore the Grand Palace with maximum flexibility and value. Begin the tour in the heart of bustling Bangkok, at the Grand Palace gates. The Palace is also Thailand’s most sacred Buddhist temple site, which the Thai people hold close to their hearts. Start your tour as soon as you downloaded the app and arrived at the Grand Palace entrance. Enter the spacious grounds, follow the instructions, and hear all about the long history of the palace, the battles of kings, and the mysteries of the Emerald Buddha. Follow a set route and explore the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, the Outer Court with many public buildings, the Middle Court including the Phra Maha Monthien, Phra Maha Prasat, and Chakri Maha Prasat buildings, the Inner Court, and the Siwalai Gardens quarter. Walk into the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, explore the palace grounds, and admire the murals of the Ramakien outside. As your tour wraps up, you’ll end by the gates again and have discovered the deep significance of this royal and religious site.
IncludesSelf-guided tour taken via the app Unique password to access the app Written text explanations Map on your phone Audio narration Food or drinks Live guide Entry tickets Transportation
- This is a self-guided tour; no guide will accompany you
- This tour has been developed by local guides, curated by creative writers, and narrated by professional voice artists
- Most stops along the tour have animated videos allowing you to visualize what you cannot see, such as snapshots from different centuries or interior rooms
- This tour is valid from the moment of booking. You will not need to change the booking if your travel plans change
- Please note that entry to the site is not included and must be purchased separately
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now