Best Transport in Bangkok
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Bangkok team
Although its reputation for gridlock traffic at any time of day may put many people off, the wide ranging alternative public transport system makes Bangkok a wonderfully easy city to navigate.
The Skytrain and underground rail systems link shopping, entertainment and business spots and the river taxis help get tourists off the busy roads and around the city faster. Alternatively, if you can brave the bustling streets, taxis are frequent and cheap and easily hailed on every street corner. The traditional tuk-tuk is definitely worth a ride, even if the bumpy back seats are not the most comfortable.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bangkok: Erawan Park & Kanchanaburi Small-Group Tour
- Bangkok: City Highlights Temple and Market Walking Tour
- From Bangkok: Holy Tattoo Experience at Wat Bang Phra
- Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok: Private Hotel Transfers
- Bangkok: Markets, Temples and Food Night Tour by Tuk Tuk