Kanchanaburi: 3-Day Highlights Tour from Bangkok with Meals
Escape from Bangkok for 3 days to the jungle and spend the night sleeping in a floating hotel. Visit historical sites like the Thailand-Burma Railway.
- Enjoy the highlights of Kanchanaburi in 3 days
- Stay overnight in a romantic floating jungle raft hotel
- Explore major WW2 historical sites around Kancanaburi
- Ride a train along the original track of the Death Railway
- Enjoy a traditional Mon dance in the evening at the floating hotel
DescriptionDay 1 Begin your 3-day getaway early with pickup from your hotel in Bangkok at 6.00 AM and set off for Kanchanaburi. Once you arrive in Kanchanaburi, visit the Thailand–Burma Railway Centre, an interactive museum where you can learn about the history of this famous railway. Your next visit is the Allied War Cemetery, which is a memorial to the 6000 allied prisoners of war who perished building the death railway. Then, Kanchanaburi's most conic landmark, the The Bridge over the River Kwai. Take a long-tailed boat on the River Kwai to the River Kwai Jungle Rafts Hotel. Check in and have lunch upon arrival. In the afternoon, take a long-tailed boat downstream to Phu Takian Pier and continue on road to visit the Hellfire Pass Memorial. In the evening, enjoy dinner back at the hotel followed by a 45–minute presentation of traditional Mon Dance. Day 2 Wake up to sounds of nature surrounding your room and enjoy breakfast served. You will then visit the nearby Mon Tribal Village. Learn the way of life of the Mon villagers, originally from Myanmar, who were granted permission to build this village by the Thai authorities after they fled from their homeland. Feast on an authentic Thai lunch and enjoy an easy jungle walk in the afternoon. After a day of exploring the rainforest, you will return to the hotel for dinner. Day 3 Wake up feeling recharged after spending 2 days in the jungle and enjoy a final berakfast and a leisurely morning. Check out of your room and and have lunch at a local restaurant. Finally, take a historic ride on the Death Railway, passing over the original wooden viaduct. You will then return to Bangkok and will be dropped off at your hotel around 6.00 PM.
Includes3-day guided tour to the River Kwai Bridge and Kanchanaburi Roundtrip transportation from your hotel in downtown Bangkok English-speaking guide Insurance Admission fees to all attractions mentioned 2-night accommodation at River Kwai Jungle Rafts on a twin-room basis Lunch on days 1,2 and 3 Dinner on days 1 and 2 Breakfast on days 2 and 3 Tips Extra meals Personal expenses such as drinks or snacks
- This rate applies for 2-night accommodation at River Kwai Jungle Rafts on a twin-room basis, if you would like to get a separate hotel room please apply a single supplement fee as an add-on before the payment stage
- Child rates are available for children 3–12 years old who do not require a separate bed. If a bed is required, the adult rate applies
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability