My Guide Website?
From Bangkok: Private Tour to Ayutthaya & Summer Palace26 Reviews
Visit the ancient home of Siamese kings on an all-inclusive full-day tour with a private guide, driver, and lunch. Get to know the old capital of Siam, now recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site and Bang Pa-In, the Summer Palace.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Bangkok: Jim Thompson House and Baan Krua Community Tour
- Bangkok: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus with 24, 48 or 72-Hour Validity
- Bangkok: Markets, Temples and Food Night Tour by Tuk Tuk
- Bangkok: Elephant Sanctuary & Erawan Waterfall Tour
- From Bangkok: Chachoengsao Tour and Bang Pakong River Cruise
- Marvel at the centuries-old temples and ruins in Ayutthaya
- Visit the main UNESCO World Heritage Sites of the ancient capital
- Discover European, Khmer, Thai, and Chinese architecture at the Summer Palace
- Benefit from an all-inclusive private tour with a driver and licensed guide
DescriptionExplore Ayutthaya, the old capital city of the kingdom of Siam on a private guided day trip from Bangkok. Discover the major highlights of the historical city and stop off at the King's Summer Palace - an iconic landmark on the route home. Start your trip with pickup from your hotel in Bangkok. Board an air-conditioned private vehicle and head straight to Ayuthaya, the former Thai capital for over 400 years. Set off to observe the glory of the ancient capital on a guided walking tour of the temple and palace ruins. First, visit Wat Phu Khao Thong, or the “Monastery of the Golden Mount” located just outside Ayuthaya. Then, proceed to the ancient palace and Wat Phra Si Sanphet, the holiest temple on the site of the old Royal Palace. Capture incredible photographs of the 3 chedis (or stupas) before heading over to Viharn Phra Mongkol Bopit where you can witness one of the largest bronze Buddha statues in Thailand. Following this, sit down to enjoy a delicious lunch served at a local restaurant. After this relaxing break, continue your tour to Wat Lokayasutharam, home to an impressive reclining Buddha statue. Also, step into the famous Wat Mahatat where you can marvel at the remarkable Buddha image situated right in the middle of a bodhi tree. Finally, visit the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace located between Bangkok and Ayutthaya and built during the Ayuthaya era. Learn about how it was the favorite summer palace of King Rama V and showcases an eclectic collection of buildings that blend European, Khmer, Thai, and Chinese architectural styles. At the end of the afternoon, get transferred back to your hotel in Bangkok where your memorable tour concludes.
IncludesPrivate licensed driver with air-conditioned vehicle Private English-speaking guide Entrance fees Lunch Bottled water Accident insurance Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel in Bangkok
- Please dress respectfully when entering the temples