My Guide Website?
From Bangkok: Maeklong Railway and Floating Market Day Tour11 Reviews
Explore two iconic destinations, Maeklong Railway Market and Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, on a day trip from Bangkok. Discover the heart and soul of Thailand through its bustling markets .
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Bangkok: Jim Thompson House and Baan Krua Community Tour
- Bangkok: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus with 24, 48 or 72-Hour Validity
- Bangkok: Markets, Temples and Food Night Tour by Tuk Tuk
- Bangkok: Elephant Sanctuary & Erawan Waterfall Tour
- From Bangkok: Chachoengsao Tour and Bang Pakong River Cruise
- Explore responsibly with a GSTC-certified tour.
- Witness the incredible signature spectacle at the Maeklong Railway Market
- Soak up the vibrant sights and sounds at Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Try your hand at crafting delectable desserts at a local Sugar Palm Factory
- Taste tantalizing Thai street food and locally crafted goods at bustling markets
DescriptionEnjoy a day tour from Bangkok to the iconic Maeklong Railway Market and Damnoen Saduak Floating Market for a unique insight into Thailand's street market culture. Travel by road and river as you embark on a cultural, shopping experience. Start your day tour with an early morning pick-up by a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle before making your way to the first stop of the day, the Maeklong Railway Market. Here vendors set up their vibrant stalls right on the active railway tracks, creating a vibrant and colorful maze of fresh produce, tantalizing street food, and locally crafted goods. Witness the incredible spectacle as the train approaches, and watch as vendors swiftly retract their awnings and goods to make way for the passing locomotive – a signature feature of the Maeklong Railway Market. After absorbing the market’s vibrant atmosphere, head to a local Sugar Palm Factory and discover the traditional craft of sugar palm cultivation. Learn how the locals create delectable desserts and sweet treats and even try your hand at crafting these delightful confections. You’ll also be given a variety of sweets to sample before boarding a longtail boat that will take you to your next stop. Damnoen Saduak Floating Market is a testament to Thailand's rich cultural heritage and its timeless connection to its waterways. This iconic market is renowned for its intricate network of canals, colorful wooden boats, and a wide variety of street food and snacks. Soak up the vibrant sights and sounds, explore stalls brimming with souvenirs, and grab a bite to eat before heading back to your accommodation in Bangkok. Enjoy a low-impact way of exploring. On this tour, you explore sustainable experiences that prioritize providing water in glass bottles and offsetting carbon emissions in every tour, reducing your environmental impact and carbon footprint.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Guide Sugar Palm Factory entry fee One-way longtail boat ride A glass bottle of drinking water Carbon emissions offset credits
- Moderate fitness level is recommended.