My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Self-Guided Walking Audio Tour of Top 4 Temples3 Reviews
Tap into the spiritual heart of Buddhist Bangkok with a self-guided audio tour of the city’s most important temples including the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun, and Wat Traimit.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bangkok: Erawan Park & Kanchanaburi Small-Group Tour
- Bangkok: City Highlights Temple and Market Walking Tour
- From Bangkok: Holy Tattoo Experience at Wat Bang Phra
- Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok: Private Hotel Transfers
- Bangkok: Markets, Temples and Food Night Tour by Tuk Tuk
- Tour the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Traimit, and Wat Arun with one tour bundle
- See famous Buddha statues like the Emerald Buddha and the Golden Buddha
- Marvel at huge, gilded pagodas and lavish palace architecture
- Get pro tips about where to eat while you’re in Bangkok
- Explore at your own pace, without worrying about finding a reliable guide
DescriptionStart by downloading the Action Tour Guide app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map. Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together! Note: This 1+ mile-long tour covers the essentials of Bangkok Bundle in 2-3 hours. This tour bundle includes tours of: The Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun, and Wat Traimit. At the Grand Palace, you will find some of the most-photographed architecture in all of Thailand. The soaring pagodas, temples, and halls are sure to inspire awe in any visitor! The palace is also home to Wat Phra Kaew, the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. One of Thailand’s most famous Buddha statues, this historic artifact is small but mighty, standing out among its many golden siblings. As you tour the palace grounds, you’ll hear all about the Kings of Siam and the complex history of Thailand’s rulers through the ages. Wat Pho, or the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, is considered one of the holiest sites in Thailand. That’s thanks to the Reclining Buddha himself, who you’ll see immediately upon entering the temple. At 150 long and 50 feet high, this statue is impossible to miss! It depicts parinirvana, or the moment the Buddha died and ascended to Nirvana. But this temple is much more than just one sculpture! As you explore, you’ll also see a Bodhi tree like the one the Buddha meditated under, four huge royal pagodas, a scripture hall containing some of the Buddha’s earliest writings, and much more! Wat Arun, also called the Temple of Dawn, is the oldest temple in all of Bangkok. The most famous sight you’ll see here is the breathtaking Ordination Hall, a deeply sacred place dominated by an immense golden Buddha. As you tour, you’ll learn a whole lot about the history of Buddhism and its importance in Thailand. You’ll even see what many believe to be a replica cast of the Buddha’s footprint! To make your trip even better, Wat Arun stands high above the city, offering unbeatable views of Bangkok’s skyline. Wat Traimit, the Temple of the Golden Buddha, houses one of Thailand’s most fascinating artifacts. The Golden Buddha itself is a 5-ton statue made of solid gold which was almost lost to the sands of time! Unearth this riveting history as you admire the statue up close. Then, you’ll move on to Bangkok’s Chinatown district, one of the largest and most impressive in the entire world! You’ll walk down the storied Yaowarat Road, past stall after stall of mouth watering street food, and your tour will give you pointers about the very best places to eat while you’re there! You’ll also see how the Chinese population has influenced Thai Buddhism at Wat Mangkon Kamalawat before moving on to the bustling marketplace of Sampeng Lane. If you want to get a proper dose of Bangkok culture, this is it!
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Excellent value: Buy only one tour per car. Don’t hassle with “per person” bus tickets. Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Walking tour: Use one tour per couple and share headphones.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.