My Guide Website?
Bangkok: 2-Day Thai Cooking Class in a Teak House1 Reviews
Learn how to cook Thai dishes in their original style, in an authentic setting. Classes are held in the open-air kitchen of a traditionally built teak house. This is not a cooking school, but a family kitchen that is open to share its passion for cooking.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn how to make 8 different traditional Thai dishes
- Stay overnight in a classic teak house and wake up to birds chirping
- Be part of your guide's family and immerse yourself in the Thai way of life
DescriptionYour first day will begin in the morning, as you travel to the local Thai house by car and boat. Once there you will enjoy your first cooking class, which will be comprised of 4 dishes. Learn how to cook tom yum kong (hot and sour prawn soup), pad thai (popular Thai fried noodles), laab moo (a spicy pork salad), and kang gari gai (yellow curry with chicken and sweet potato). You will also learn how to make a curry paste, a staple of traditional Thai cuisine. Stay overnight in the house to get a feel for the rhythm of everyday local life. On the morning of your second day, head to a local market by car to find the produce and goods on offer. Following the market trip, continue with another cooking class, this time focusing on 4 dishes. Learn to prepare Gai Tom Kha (chicken in coconut soup), Pad Prik King Moo (stir-fried pork with curry paste), green curry with beef, and red curry with chicken. Finish your class in the late afternoon and head back to Bangkok.
IncludesTransport from and to Bangkok Boat trip Authentic Thai cooking classes Recipes 4 Meals 1-night's accommodation at a Thai teak house A trip to a local market
- The dishes can be adjusted as according to your dietary needs or food allergies
- Please dress in comfortable clothes as you will be cooking in an open-air kitchen
- Offering alms to monks on the canal might not happen every day as this depends on lunar calendar and the monk’s schedule