My Guide Website?
From Bangkok: Ayutthaya Private Full-Day UNESCO Trip348 Reviews
Escape Bangkok for the day and journey to the Ancient city of Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand. Visit 5 UNESCO-listed temples and the National Museum which contains important artifacts from the kingdom's 417-year history.
- Take a daytrip to the ancient city of Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand
- Marvel at Wat Phra Sri Sanphet and the royal palace grounds
- Journey to Wat Mahathat, one of the oldest and most significant temples
- Visit Wat Ratchaburana where gold treasures were found in 1957
- Explore the collections in the Chao Samphraya National Museum
- Enjoy lunch at Krungsri River Hotel before visiting more important monasteries
DescriptionChoose to meet your guide at the meeting point or take advantage of hotel transfer services from your accommodation in Bangkok. Drive towards the Ancient city of Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand. Make your first stop at Wat Phra Sri Sanphet which was for a long time considered to be the spiritual center of Thailand. Situated within the royal palace grounds, the temple is the royal monastery and is a model of the royal temple of the Emerald Buddha or Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok. Then, head to Wat Mahathat Ayutthaya which is one of the oldest and most significant temples in the history of Ayutthaya as it housed the Buddha's holy relic. The temple is most famous for the Buddha head situated in a Bodhi tree root. Next, stop at Wat Ratchaburana which houses a large number of Buddha images and gold artifacts. Enjoy lunch that will be served at Krungsri River Hotel. In the afternoon, continue on to the Chao Samphraya National Museum. Admire the most important objects here including the Buddha relics found inside the crypt of Wat Mahathat and other golden treasures like the golden sword, the golden headgear (hat), the miniature royal regalia, golden sculptures, and more. Then, visit Wat Lokaya Sutharam to see the 42-meter-long reclining white Buddha. Last but not least, finish the trip at Wat Chaiwattanaram which rests on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Learn about how the temple was ordered to built in 1630 by King Prasat Thong to honor his mother featuring the architectural style influenced by the Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia. Arrive back in Bangkok at around 5 PM.
IncludesReturn transportation by air-conditioned van or mini-coach with an experienced driver All entrance tickets Lunch at Krungsri River Hotel Water Licensed English-speaking guide Accident insurance Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Khaosan, Sathorn, Silom, Siam, and Pratunam areas, and Sukhumvit area from Soi 1 to 39 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even)
- Visitors are requested to be dressed properly and appropriately upon entering the temples
- Pickup points are only for hotels located in the following areas: Khaosan, Sathorn, Silom, Siam, Pratunam, and Sukhumvit area from Soi 1 to 39 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromTHB 3,900.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today