From Bangkok: Ayutthaya & Ayothaya Floating Market Day Trip887 Reviews
Visit the main highlights of Ayutthaya on a full-day tour from Bangkok. You will have the chance to visit the ancient ruins of the temples and learn about the city's history.
- Explore Bang Pa-In Royal Palace, a former residence of Thai kings
- Walk around Ayothaya floating market, a replica market featuring more than 200 stalls
- Visit Wat Phrasri Sanphet, the grandest and most beautiful temple in Ayutthaya
- Be amazed at Wat Mahathat, and see the statue of the Buddha's head in a tree
DescriptionAfter meeting in Bangkok in the morning, start the 2-hour drive to Ayutthaya. The ancient city of Ayutthaya was founded around 1350, and became the second capital of Siam after Sukhothai. On this full-day trip, you will explore the ruins of the old city, in the UNESCO listed Ayutthaya Historical Park. The park is an archaeological site that contains palaces, Buddhist temples, monasteries, and statues. Stop at the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace. The palace was originally built in 1632 by King Prasat Thong. At this spot, you can find a number of impressive buildings built in different architectural styles from Thai, Chinese and European design. Continue your tour with a visit to Ayothaya floating market and enjoy some free time for lunch. After lunch, you will visit 2 more historical sites, Wat Phra Sri Sanphet and Wat Mahathat, to discover the historical ruins of the great temple sites. You will return to Bangkok at around 6:00 PM, where you will be dropped off.
IncludesAdmission ticket to Bang Pa-In Royal Palace Admission ticket to Ayothaya Floating Market Admission ticket to Wat Phra Sri Sanphet Admission ticket to Wat Mahathat Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Multilingual English- and Thai-speaking tour guide Food and drinks Hotel pick-up and drop off Personal Expenses Gratuities
- Please note, the itinerary is subject to change without any prior notice due to local circumstances
- This is a group tour
- Knee and shoulder-length clothing must be worn in the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace (please do not wear shorts, mini skirts above the knee, sportswear, sleeveless shirts, torn pants, leggings or see-through wear or sandals)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY