My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Half-Day Local Lives & Food Tour by Bike with Lunch3 Reviews
Discover Bangkok’s culture on a bike tour through the city’s narrow streets and explore some of the locals’ favorite foodie spots. Visit the Wat Hong Rattanaram temple, Talat Phlu market, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bangkok: Erawan Park & Kanchanaburi Small-Group Tour
- Bangkok: City Highlights Temple and Market Walking Tour
- From Bangkok: Holy Tattoo Experience at Wat Bang Phra
- Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok: Private Hotel Transfers
- Bangkok: Markets, Temples and Food Night Tour by Tuk Tuk
- Get your taste buds tingling with a traditional Thai meal and local snacks
- Experience the local way of life at Wang Lang Market and Talat Phlu Market
- Admire local art, photography, and puppet exhibits at the Artist’s House
- Witness the intricate architecture and details of Wat Hong Rattanaram Temple
- Explore responsibly with a GSTC-certified tour.
DescriptionDiscover Bangkok's culture through its gastronomy on this half-day bicycle tour. Enjoy lunch at a local favorite restaurant, visit vibrant markets, and cycle past landmarks like Phra Sumen Fort, Wang Lang Market, and Wat Paknam Phasi Charoen. Choose between a private or group tour. Start the day at the bike rental shop, or enjoy optional hotel pickup, then get fitted with your bike and helmet and listen to a quick briefing. Once you’re all set, cycle to Phra Sumen Fort. Take photos of the intriguing, white exterior of this octagonal-shaped bunker before heading to the port. From there, board a ferry and cross the Chao Phraya River before heading to the vibrant Wang Lang Market. This 30-year-old institution is a prime foodie destination, especially among local university students and residents. Afterward, head to Santa Cruz Church, one of the oldest Catholic churches in Bangkok. Marvel at the European architecture of the building before cycling through the charming residential area of Thonburi. Observe the daily lives of the locals as you pass through small alleyways and streets. Up next is the hidden gem of Talat Phlu. This local market is filled with heavenly food stalls with the best street food in the area. Next, pass by the railway station before heading to Wat Paknam Phasi Charoen. This temple houses a gorgeous green stupa and the city’s tallest Buddha statue. After snapping photos of the temple, cycle along the Phasi Charoen canal before stopping at the Artist’s House. This centuries-old house-turned art gallery features local artwork, photography exhibits, and even a puppet show. Stop for lunch at a local restaurant where you’ll sample some scrumptious dishes before heading to Wat Hong Rattanaram. This temple is known for its intricate exteriors and interiors. Admire the architecture of the temple before taking the ferry and cycling back to the meeting point. Enjoy a low-impact way of exploring. On this tour, you explore sustainable experiences that prioritize providing water in glass bottles and offsetting carbon emissions in every tour, reducing your environmental impact and carbon footprint.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Tour guide Bicycle and helmet rental A glass bottle of drinking water Ferry ride Lunch and snack Carbon emissions offset credits
- Some sites on this tour may have strict dress codes. This means that clothes revealing the shoulders, underarms, back, and knees are not allowed. Kindly dress appropriately or bring cover-ups for entrance to these sites