My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Damnoen Saduak Market and Maeklong Railway Market817 Reviews
Visit the Maeklong Railway Market and the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market on either a private or group tour from Bangkok. Interact with friendly local market vendors.
- Experience the quieter way of life in Thailand away from the big cities
- Arrive at the famous Damnoen Saduak floating market by paddleboat
- Discover the vibrant atmosphere of the iconic Maeklong Railway Market
- Buy and try authentic pad thai, rice noodle soup, or mango sticky rice
- Enjoy lots of free time exploring both markets at your own pace
DescriptionChoose from either a shared group or private guided experience to see 2 iconic markets on a day trip from Bangkok. See a market located on the railway tracks, the Maeklong Railway Market, and a market that floats on the canals at the Damnoen Saduak Market. After pickup, arrive at the Maeklong Railway Market, also known as Talad Rom Hup (“Umbrella Pulldown Market”). Maeklong is one of the largest fresh seafood markets in Thailand and hugs the track of the Maeklong Railway. Gain fascinating insights into how the market is run and what products are sold here from your local guide. Marvel at how market stalls and awnings are pulled back from the tracks every time a train approaches to let the train pass through. Next, head to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, one of the most famous floating markets in Thailand. To reach the market, take a short ride in a paddleboat. Enjoy plenty of time to meander around the colorful market, where friendly vendors sell directly from their boats. Take in the sights and sounds, and try local specialties like mango sticky rice. Your guide will give you advice on what not to miss. Return to Bangkok in time for the early afternoon.
IncludesRound-trip air-conditioned transportation Paddleboat Local snack or seasonal fruit tastings at Damnoen Saduak floating market English-speaking guide Drinking water Hotel pickup from central Bangkok (if option selected) All taxes and fees Cold towelette
- The markets are authentic but, due to their popularity, it has become busy with tourists. Items at Damnoen Saduak Floating Market might be overpriced as a result, but please use your tour guide to consult if you’re unsure about the prices This tour starts earlier than others as the local partner aims to escape the traffic in Bangkok, which can get extremely heavy during rush hour The boat ride at Damnoen Saduak usually involves a traffic jam. To enhance your customer experience, this tour does not include the boat ride on the canal. However, if there is less boat traffic on the day of your visit and you would like to take a boat trip, your guide can contact the boat vendor for you to guarantee the best price (normally about 150 Baht for a 25-30 minute ride) Due to some remaining Covid-related restrictions, the markets may not be as lively as expected. Not all vendors have fully resumed selling at their stalls