Bangkok: Damnoen Saduak Market and Maeklong Railway Market103 Reviews
Visit the Maeklong Railway Market and the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market on either a private or group tour from Bangkok. Interact with friendly local market vendors.
- Board a local train to reach the iconic Maeklong Railway Market
- Arrive at the famous Damnoen Saduak floating market by long-tail speedboat
- Enjoy lots of free time exploring both markets at your own pace
- Experience the quieter way of life in Thailand away from the big cities
- Buy and try authentic pad thai, rice noodle soup, or mango sticky rice
DescriptionChoose from either a shared group or private guided experience to see 2 iconic markets on a day trip from Bangkok. See a market located on the railway tracks, the Maeklong Railway Market, and a market that floats on the canals at the Damnoen Saduak Market. After pickup, board a local train to travel to the Maeklong Railway Market, also known as Talad Rom Hup (“Umbrella Pulldown Market”). Observe rice fields, salt farms and traditional houses pass by as you travel with the locals. Maeklong is one of the largest fresh seafood markets in Thailand and hugs the track of the Maeklong Railway. Gain fascinating insights into how the market is run and what products are sold here from your local guide. Marvel how market stalls and awnings are pulled back from the tracks every time a train approaches to let the train pass through. Next, head to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, one of the most famous floating markets in Thailand. To reach the market, take a short ride in a long-tail speedboat. Enjoy plenty of time to meander around the colorful market, where friendly vendors sell directly from their boats. Take in the sights and sounds, and try local specialties like mango sticky rice. Your guide will give you advice on what not to miss. Return to Bangkok in time for the early afternoon.
IncludesRound-trip air-conditioned transportation Local train ride to Maeklong Railway Market Long-tail boat fee to the floating market Local snack or seasonal fruit tastings at Damnoen Saduak floating market English-speaking guide Drinking water Hotel pickup and drop-off from central Bangkok (if option selected) All taxes and fees Cold towelette Lunch Long-tail boat fee inside the floating market Personal expenses Tips (optional)
- The tour does not include a long-tail boat ride inside the floating market due to congestion. However, you may purchase one directly from a local vendor if wished on low-traffic days, with approximately 150 Baht equating to a 25-30 minute ride.
- The markets are authentic but, due to their popularity, it has become popular with tourists. Items at Damnoen Saduak Floating Market might be overpriced as a result, but please use your tour guide to consult if you’re unsure about the prices.
- This tour starts earlier than others as the local partner aims to escape the traffic in Bangkok, which can get extremely heavy during rush hour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability