3-Day River Kwai, Floating Market and Erawan Waterfalls1 Reviews
During these 3 days, you will get familiar with the province of Kanchanaburi. You will see the main interest such as the floating market, Hellfire Pass, Bridge over the River Kwai and last but not least, Erawan National Park.
- Enjoy a private, hassle free multiday tour with pick up and drop off from Bangkok in a comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Go hiking and swimming at the remarkable 7 levels of Erawan Falls in Kanchanaburi province
- Sleep at a Floatel - a unique, eco-friendly bamboo hotel floating on the River Kwai (check the options)
- Walk through Hellfire Pass, learn about it's rich history at the Hellfire Pass Memorial and see the famous bridge over the River Kwai
- Visit Damnoen Saduak - the biggest floating market in Thailand and take a longtail boat ride to see rural life around the market
DescriptionIn the early morning on day one at 7:30 am, your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby in Bangkok. First, you will visit the floating market of Damnoen Saduak. Close to the market, you will board a fast longtail boat which will bring you through the narrow khlongs to the market for about half an hour. You will enjoy watching the farmers selling fruit and many kinds of local products in their boats. If you want you can take one of the paddle boats to cruise through the market (optional). After this great experience, continue your trip to the Hellfire Pass where you will see and learn more about the history at the Hell Fire Pass Memorial and hike through the pass. Then you will travel by longtail boat to the Jungle Raft, a unique, floating hotel in the middle of the jungle, made from wood and bamboo. River Kwai Jungle Rafts Resort offers a unique accommodation experience right on the flowing Kwai Noi River. All floating rooms are tucked into a floating bamboo lodge moored along the historic River Kwai Noi surrounded by lush green mountains and jungle. At your floatel, the historic River Kwai Noi flows underneath your bed. The walls are weaved from local bamboo decorated with wooden furniture reflecting Mon living style. After breakfast on day two, your guide will take you by longtail boat back to your private vehicle. After another 45min to 1 hour you will reach Erawan National Park, these are the most beautiful waterfalls in Thailand: the Erawan Falls. The waterfall consists of 7 plateaus and you can hike to the highest level through a small jungle path. After reaching the top you still have plenty of time to discover the natural fish spas, see the naturally shaped slides and go for a swim. After lunch, you will be taken to Pungwaan Resort and Spa and you will have free time for the rest of the afternoon to explore Kanchanaburi city or just lounge at your hotel's swimming pool with an excellent view over the river. On day three after checking out from the hotel, you will visit one of the highlights of this area: the Bridge over the River Kwai, the Allied Forces cemetery and the JEATH war museum. In the early afternoon a transfer back to Bangkok, this will take approximately 2 hours.
IncludesPrivate transport Licensed driver Licensed guide All entrance fees Overnights at hotels as described (see options) Longtail boat at the floating market Breakfast on day 2 and 3 Bottled water Accident Insurance Paddle boat at the floating market Trainride on Death Railway Personal expenses
- Make sure to pack decent walking shoes, towels, and swimwear
- Please provide information about your accommodation of where you be picked up on the first day and dropped off on the last
- You can bring your suitcases on the tour in the private vehicle
- Lunches are not included so make sure to bring some cash
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability