My Guide Website?
Ayutthaya & Lopburi Monkey Temple Private Day Trip
Bangkok: Ayutthaya & Lopburi Monkey Temple Private Day Trip
- Learn about the ancient capital of Siam from a local guide
- See the highlights of Ayutthaya such as Wat Phra Si Sanphet
- Meet and feed the monkeys at the Phra Prang Sam Yod located in Lopburi
- Visit the largest bronze Buddhas in Thailand
DescriptionWitness the glory of the ancient capital of Siam, Ayutthaya, on a private guided tour. Discover the temple and palace ruins of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, including the Lopburi Monkey Temple. Meet your guide your hotel lobby at 9 AM. Depart for Ayuthaya, which is about 1 hour from Bangkok. First, visit Wat Phu Khao Thong, or the Monastery of the Golden Mount, which is located just outside Ayuthaya. Then, proceed to the ancient palace and Wat Phra Si Sanphet. Make a stop at Viharn Phra Mongkol Bopit, one of the largest bronze Buddhas in Thailand. After lunch at a local restaurant, drive another hour to the province of Lopburi, one of the oldest cities in the country. Discover how this city was historically within the large Khmer empire and was briefly the capital of the Ayutthaya Kingdom. The biggest tourist draw in Lopburi is Phra Prang Sam Yod - also known as the Monkey Temple. See mischievous macaques that live in the temple grounds and surrounding streets, happy to relieve people strolling by of snacks, drinks, sunglasses, and other items. After saying goodbye to the monkeys, return to your hotel in Bangkok.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Air-conditioned vehicle Licensed driver All entrance fees Lunch Hotel pickup and drop-off Bottled water
- You will need to leave all your valuable items in the car when visiting the monkey temple, as the monkeys are prone to stealing anything shiny they can get their hands on