My Guide Website?
Ayutthaya Historical Park Guided Day Trip
From Bangkok: Ayutthaya Historical Park Guided Day Trip
- Step back in time while discovering the ancient temples of Ayutthaya
- Visit locations including Wat Mahathat and Bang Pa-In Royal Palace
- Learn all about the ancient Thai kingdom from a local tour guide
- See highlights like Wat Chaiwatthanaramn and Wat Yai Chai Mongkol
DescriptionVisit sites that date back to 1350 at the Ayutthaya Historical Park on a private or shared tour from Bangkok. Learn about Buddhist history, architecture, and religion as you explore countless temples with a local tour guide leading the way. After departing from Bangkok bright and early, see Bang Pa-In Royal Palace en route to Ayutthaya. Used as a summer residence for ancient Thai kings, the golden pagodas and serene pools make for a great introduction to the region’s glorious past. After arriving in Ayutthaya, take several hours to explore fascinating ancient religious sites including Wat Mahathat, where a decapitated Buddha head sits nestled between ancient tree roots. Continue to Wat Mongkol Borpit, known for its enormous seated Buddha statue. In the 18th century, much of Ayutthaya was destroyed by Burmese invaders; witness the structures in their various states of disrepair. Tree roots growing around scattered Buddha heads only add to the historical charm of this unique destination. Discover Wat Phra Sri Sanphet, the most holy and important complex of the ancient Thai capital. Finally, explore Wat Chaiwatthanaram, known for its towering stone chedis. This site is one of the main reasons Ayutthaya was awarded UNESCO status in 1991.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Tour guide Entry fees A glass bottle of drinking water
- Clothes revealing the shoulders, underarms, back, and knees are not allowed inside some of the locations on this tour Same-day booking is available for the meeting point option subject to availability