From Bangkok: Damnoen Saduak & Ayutthaya Combination Tours8 Reviews
Make the most of your visit to Bangkok with a combination package, to 2 popular locations. Enjoy a day trip to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and the iconic Maeklong Train Market. Take another trip to Ayutthaya by bus and boat on day 2.
- Visit 2 of the best locations in Bangkok and surrounding area on this 2-day combination tour
- Travel just like the locals by bus, boat and train, and take in the stunning views as you go
- Discover different aspects of Thai life from the busiest city to the ruins of the ancient capital
- Witness the iconic floating market, umbrella pulldown market, Summer Palace and Wat Mahathat
- Choose between hotel pickup and drop-off option or meeting point
DescriptionDay 1: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market & Maeklong Train Market (6 Hours) Board your air-conditioned van in downtown Bangkok by 6:30 AM and drive about 45 minutes to Ban Na Kwang train station where you take a local train to the picturesque Maeklong Railway Market. It is one of the largest fresh seafood markets in Thailand and is centered on the Maeklong Railway's track. Whenever a train approaches, the awnings and shop fronts are moved back from the rails, to be replaced once the train has passed. Continue to visit Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Discover the most famous floating markets in Thailand, take in the sights and sounds of the floating vendors. Don't forget to snap some shots and try some foods when you wander through the colorful boats. Get transferred back to Bangkok around 1:30 PM or 2:00 PM. Day 2: Ayutthaya Day Tour by Bus & Return by Boat (9 Hours) Depart Bangkok at 7:30 AM and head to Ayutthaya by air-conditioned coach. Your first stop is the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace of King Rama V, which is beautifully decorated in both Chinese and European styles. Next, visit the landmark of Ayuthaya, WatMahathat, known for the Head of the Buddha which has a tree trunk and roots growing around it. Then continue to witness the biggest reclining Buddha in Ayutthaya at Wat Lokayasutharam. Enjoy your photo opportunities along the way accompanied by stories from your informative guide. At around 1:00 PM, board the White Orchid River Cruise at Wat Chong Lom Pier. Enjoy a delicious Thai or European buffet lunch with desserts, seasonal fruits, coffee and tea. Sit back and relax as you cruise along the Chao Phraya River back to Bangkok. Walk up to the boat's view deck and marvel at the stunning views of famous Bangkok attractions such as Wat Arun, the Royal Grand Palace and Rama VIII Bridge.
IncludesEnglish speaking guide Day trips to both Damnoen Saduak & Ayutthaya for 2 separate days All entrance fees Drinking water Air-conditioned transportation A train ride from Ban Na Kwang train station to Maeklong Railway Market (day 1) Longtail boat fee to the floating market (day 1) Hotel pickup and drop-off from central Bangkok (if option selected) Lunch (day 2 only) Accommodation in Bangkok Lunch on Day 1 Gratuities, optional
- The tour does not offer a long-tail boat ride inside the market. However, you may purchase it directly from a local vendor with the price of approximately 150 Baht for a 25-30 minute ride
- Pickup and drop-off points are only for hotels located in the following areas: Khaosan, Sathorn, Silom, Siam, Pratunam and Sukhumvit area from Soi 1 to 39 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even)
- Direct pickups are not guaranteed for those staying in a guesthouse, condo or apartment. It is advised that you contact the tour operator to confirm if pickup is possible
- On Day 2, visitors are requested to be dressed properly and appropriately upon entering the ground of Bang Pa-In Palace, Ayutthaya. Please do not wear shorts, tight pants, torn pants, mini short skirts, sportswear, sandals or sleeveless shirts. Pants or a scarf can be bought for approximately 100 Thai Baht
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY