My Guide Website?
From Bangkok: Ayutthaya Historical Park Small-Group Day Trip256 Reviews
Explore the spectacular temples of Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Thailand. Visit iconic sites including Wat Mahathat, Bang Pa In Royal Palace, Wat Chaiwatthanaram, and Wat Yai Chai Mongkol on a full-day tour from Bangkok.
- Discover the beautiful temples of Ayutthaya
- Visit interesting locations including Wat Mahathat, Bang Pa In Royal Palace, Wat Chaiwatthanaram, and Wat Yai Chai Mongkol
- Learn all about the ancient Thai kingdom from your experienced tour guide
DescriptionVisit sites that date back to 1350 at the Ayutthaya Historical Park. Learn about Buddhist history, architecture, and religion as you explore countless temples with your experienced tour guide. In the 18th century, much of Ayutthaya was destroyed by Burmese invaders; witness the structures in their various states of disrepair. Tree roots growing around scattered Buddha heads only adds to the historical charm of this unique destination. After departing from Bangkok bright and early, see Bang Pa-In Royal Palace en route to Ayutthaya. Used as a summer residence for ancient Thai kings, the golden pagodas and serene pools make for a great introduction to the region’s glorious past. After arriving in Ayutthaya, take several hours to explore fascinating ancient religious sites including Wat Mahathat, where a decapitated Buddha head sits nestled between ancient tree roots. Continue to Wat Mongkol Borpit, known for its enormous seated Buddha statue. Discover Wat Phra Sri Sanphet, the most holy and important complex of the ancient Thai capital. Finally, explore Wat Chaiwatthanaram, known for its towering stone chedis. This site is one of the main reasons Ayutthaya was awarded UNESCO status in 1991.
IncludesVisit to the temples of Ayutthaya Guide Visit to Wat Mahathat Visit to Bang Pa In Royal Palace Visit to Wat Chaiwatthanaram Visit to Wat Yai Chai Mongkol Transportation between attractions in an air-conditioned vehicle Drinking water Hotel pickup and drop-off (depending on option selected) Entry fees
- Visitors are required to cover up to enter the temples Please wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees No ripped pants or shorts are allowed
- The free pickup zone includes hotels in the following areas: Khao San Road, Narathiwas Ratnakarin, Sathorn Road (North and South), Pratunam, Wireless Road. Meet your guide in your hotel lobby