Floating Markets Amphawa & Thaka: Private Weekend Tour5 Reviews
Visit the local markets of Thailand on a day trip from Bangkok and experience an authentic way of life. Pass orchards and wooden houses to visit the floating markets of Amphawa and Tha Kha and the market where a train passes through 8 times a day.
- Watch the locals buy and sell food from their farms at Amphawa floating market
- Ride a train through the famous village with a market held on the rail tracks
- Navigate the canals of Tha Kha village by wooden rowing boat
- Sample local produce and but handmade souvenirs
DescriptionExperience a more authentic way of life in Thailand and escape the tourist crowds with a visit to the floating market of Tha Kha. Admire the traditional homes and watch the locals buy and sell fresh fruits and vegetables from their wooden boats. Navigate the canals lined with coconut and cork trees by traditional wooden rowing boat. Discover how homemade palm sugar is produced and visit a local temple with an 18th-century chapel covered by tree roots. Continue to Amphawa floating market to taste the local food and shop for handmade souvenirs. Take photos of the boats where fresh seafood is cooked and sold. Then, visit the famous village with a market on the tracks of a working railway line. Climb aboard the train to experience what the locals do every time a train passes through the market, 8 times every day.
IncludesRoundtrip private Bangkok hotel transfer Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Train ride through the market English-speaking guide Boat ride Entrance fee Tax and insurance Meals Personal expenses Gratuities
- • Changes to the itinerary or time given may sometimes be necessary, depending on the traffic conditions and any unforeseen circumstances • Please dress appropriately and wear clothes that cover the knees • This tour only operates at the weekend
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability