My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho) Self-Guided Audio Tour4 Reviews
Walk the hallowed grounds of one of Thailand’s most famous temples, learn the history and significance behind the art and architecture, and see the enormous Reclining Buddha statue at Wat Pho
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore a beautiful Buddhist temple in the heart of Bangkok
- Visit the Reclining Buddha, the largest Buddha statue in Thailand
- Uncover the significance behind Wat Pho’s artwork and sculptures
- Dive into the history, legends, and legacy of Buddhism
- Tour at your own pace, without the hassle or risk of tour groups
DescriptionStart by downloading the Action Tour Guide app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map. Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together! Note: This 0.1+mile-long tour covers the essentials of Bangkok’s Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho) in 1-2 hours Once downloaded, your tour of Wat Pho begins just outside the temple complex. Once you’ve entered, you’ll stop first at the number one attraction: the Temple of the Reclining Buddha. As you admire the 150-foot statue inside the temple, you’ll discover what exactly it depicts, as well as why that matters a whole lot! Next, you’ll head to a raised garden featuring a painted mural and a Bodhi tree—that’s the same kind of tree the Buddha meditated under while he was trying to reach enlightenment. Afterward, as you make your way to the Scripture Hall, you’ll encounter huge statues representing guardian demons. In the Scripture Hall itself, you’ll find a whole library of the Buddha’s early teachings. After that, you’ll make your way to the Sermon Hall, one of the oldest buildings in the compound. Then you’ll continue on to the towering pagodas of the Royal Chedi. Up next is Phra Rabiang, containing a staggering 400 images of the Buddha. During your visit, you’ll learn how they all got there, as well as what some of them mean. You’ll then cross the chapel yard to the south entrance, which features a statue of the Buddha delivering his first sermon. Here, you’ll learn a little about the Eightfold Path before continuing on into the Ordination Hall, the most sacred building in the complex. There, you’ll hear all about the Buddha, his teachings, and legends about him which were integral to the creation of Wat Pho. After taking your time admiring the art, the statues, and the history contained here, you’ll arrive at the conclusion of your tour.
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Excellent value: Buy only one tour per car. Don’t hassle with “per person” bus tickets. Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Walking tour: Use one tour per couple and share headphones.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.