My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Railway Market and Floating Market Private Tour3 Reviews
Visit Bangkok's floating market on this tour. You’ll also get to visit the see-it-to-believe-it Railway Market, where an active train track doubles as a makeshift shopping strip.
- Explore the famous floating market and try delicious local treats
- See local life along the water while riding a small boat through village canals
- Discover a unique market set up on active train tracks
- Learn how to make palm sugar at a local family-run village plantation
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionExperience Thailand's unique market culture on this unique tour. Start with a drive to the railway market, located about 2 hours from Bangkok. Watch as vendors set up their goods along active railway tracks, with fresh produce, cooking supplies and more all lined up a mere few inches from the track's edge. See what happens when the train comes through: vendors gather up their things and lower their canopies and step aside as the train travels right through the middle of the market, getting back to business as soon as it has departed. Afterwards, continue on a short drive to a palm sugar plantation, where you’ll visit the house of a villager who still makes palm sugar the traditional way. Next, board a small boat for a ride through narrow village canals, to reach the famous floating market of Damnoen Saduak. Get off the boat here and walk around to explore more of the market. Around noon, head back to Bangkok and return to the meeting point which is right next to BTS (Skytrain) station National Stadium. Your local guide will be happy to give you directions back to your accommodation or to other sites you should see.
IncludesGuided trip Private transportation to the railway market Canal boat ride Thai snack and season fruit tasting
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices
- Traffic conditions may delay the return journey to Bangkok
- If any of the sites on the itinerary happen to be closed due to reasons beyond control, an alternative site will be visited
- Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the specified rate
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- Effective September 1, 2021, travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on all ours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination