My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Hands-on Genuine Thai Cooking Class and Market Tour67 Reviews
Explore Bangkok's largest market, Khlong Toei, and shop for fresh ingredients. Find out how to make four authentic Thai dishes, and then cook them yourself. Savor delicious food, fill your stomach, and head back home with recipes and new global friends.
- Visit Khlong Toei, Bangkok's biggest market, and shop for fresh ingredients
- Enjoy hands-on experiences as you get to grips with Thai cooking
- Savor four sumptuous, traditional dishes that you make yourself
- Prepare curry paste from scratch
- Relive the experience with the recipes provided by email
DescriptionTry your hand at making four popular Thai dishes, and delight in the vibrant flavours. Explore the biggest food market in Bangkok, Khlong Toei, and shop for fresh ingredients. Head to the air-conditioned cooking school afterwards in your small group, receive instructions, and then cook and taste the meals you produce 100% by yourself. Meet at exit 1 of the Queen Sikrit National Convention Centre MRT station. Discover the sprawling market of Khlong Toei on a guided tour, then take a tuk-tuk to the cookery school. Learn about exotic Thai ingredients, including vegetables, rice, herbs, and spices, as well as the preparation of coconut milk and curry paste. Spend two hours making four delicious dishes, and savor each one individually while they're still hot and fresh. Two of the dishes every day are Stir-Fried Noodles with Shrimp (Pad-Thai) and Mango Sticky Rice for dessert. Depending on the day you go, starter options include Spicy Lemongrass Salad (Yum Ta-Krai), Hot and Sour Soup with Shrimp (Tom Yun Goong), Spicy Coconut Soup with Chicken (Tom Kha Gai), and Thai Papaya Salad (Som Tum). Main course options include Green Curry, Red Curry, Panang Curry, and Massaman Curry, all made with chicken. Get your hands dirty by making the curry paste from scratch, and take home all recipes with you so you can recreate the gastronomic experience again in the future.
IncludesFour course meal Hot and cold drinking water Tuk-Tuk fare from Khlong Thei market to cooking school All ingredients and equipment Personal locker Free standard recipes by follow-up email Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Dietary requirements (vegetarian, Halal, Kosher) and allergies can be accommodated with advanced notification
- Bring an empty stomach because there will be plenty of your favorite Thai food
- No MSG is used in any of the cooking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now