My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Chinatown and Wat Traimit Self-Guided Walking Tour1 Reviews
Explore the Temple of the Golden Buddha, learn the significance of the enormous gold statue, and get a taste for Bangkok’s Chinatown with this comprehensive self-guided walking tour.
- Witness the world's largest gold statue
- Discover the history of Buddhism as you stroll through Wat Traimit
- Sample famous street food delicacies on Yaowarat Road
- Pick up some unique souvenirs on Sampeng Lane
- Tour at your own pace without the hassle or risk of tour groups
DescriptionStart by downloading the Action Tour Guide app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map all in one. Once downloaded, your tour will begin at Wat Traimit itself: the Temple of the Golden Buddha. In the courtyard, you’ll get a good look at the impressive structure while your audio companion explains the significance of the ancient temple. Then you’ll proceed inside, where you’ll get an up-close look at the famous statue from which this temple gets its name. The enormous 11,000 lb Golden Buddha is hard to miss! Here, you’ll hear the dramatic history behind this Buddha, including how it was almost lost to the sands of time! When ready, you’ll continue next to the impressive Chinatown Gate, which mimics the ancient, towering gates one might find in Chinese city centers. As you pass through it, the tour narrator will fill you in on why Bangkok’s Chinatown is so important… and so big. Make sure you bring an appetite for the next part of the tour! You’ll be strolling down Yaowarat Road, a premier destination for authentic and delicious street food. As you walk, you’ll hear recommendations for some of the best places to stop, including the first-ever Michelin-starred street food stall! As you continue toward Sampeng Lane, you’ll also learn why Buddhism is so important to Thailand and how it spread there in the first place. Finally, you’ll arrive at Sampeng Lane, a shopping destination like no other. If you’re looking for a souvenir to remind you of your trip, this sprawling market is the best place to be. Your tour concludes here.
IncludesIn addition to the Get Your Guide app, download the Action Tour Guide app. You will use this app to take your tour. Download your self-guided tour within the app using the unique tour password (sent via e-mail & text). Go to the starting point and start the tour. No one will meet you. This is self-guided. The tour automatically starts when you reach the starting point. You can get tech support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long. Remember, this tour is an audio tour guide and not an attraction entrance ticket.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Buy one tour per couple. Use car speakers (driving tour) or share headphones (walking tour).
- The app offers a professional audio stories, scripts, images, videos, deep dives, hidden gems, hikes, and offline directions.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time- over multiple days.
- Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Go at your own pace: Stop, start, pause, re-do… whatever you like, whenever you like it.
- It auto-starts based on you reaching the starting point.
- All stories play based on your location
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromTHB 285.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today