My Guide Website?
Bangkok: Canal Tour by Longtail Boat122 Reviews
Enjoy a journey on a longtail boat along the narrow canals of old Bangkok. See Wat Arun to marvel at its beauty and learn more about Thai history and culture.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bangkok:If youʻre booking your trip to Bangkok last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at the scenery of Chao Phraya River and local Thai villages by the canal
- Ride the famous long-tail speedboad from the James Bond movie
- See Wat Arun, one of the most beautiful temples in Thailand, from the river
DescriptionEnjoy a long tail boat journey in Bangkok. Meet your guide at River City Shopping mall and visit the old city of Thonburi, an independent province until it was merged with Bangkok in 1971. Experience the local way of living, rarely seen from the other side of town. Historically, the Thai capital Bangkok was crisscrossed by klongs (canals), and gained the nickname 'Venice of the East'. Klongs were used for transportation and for floating markets, but also for sewage disposal. Today, most of the khlongs of Bangkok have been filled in, although the Thonburi side of Bangkok (covering areas west of Chao Phraya River) still retains several of its larger khlongs.
IncludesLong tail speed boat ride English-speaking guide Drinking water
- Please be on time since it is a group tour
- It is recommended to bring sunglasses and hat as the weather can get quite warm in Bangkok