Ayutthaya & Lopburi Monkey Temple Private Day Trip10 Reviews
Visit the old capital and ancient home of the Siamese kings on a full-day, private tour starting from your hotel in Bangkok. See the old monkey temple in Lopburi, take pictures and feed the monkeys that live there.
- Learn about the ancient capital of Siam from a local guide
- See the highlights of Ayutthaya such as Wat Phra Si Sanphet
- Meet and feed the monkeys at the Phra Prang Sam Yod located in Lopburi
- Visit the largest bronze Buddhas in Thailand
DescriptionMeet your guide your hotel lobby at 9 AM. Depart for Ayuthaya, which is about 1 hour from Bangkok. Witness the glory of the ancient capital of Siam, now recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site as you explore the temple and palace ruins. First, visit Wat Phu Khao Thong, or the Monastery of the Golden Mount, which is located just outside Ayuthaya. Then, proceed to the ancient palace and Wat Phra Si Sanphet. Make a stop at Viharn Phra Mongkol Bopit, one of the largest bronze Buddha’s in Thailand. After lunch at a local restaurant, drive another hour to the province of Lopburi, one of the oldest cities in the country. Discover how this city was historically within the large Khmer empire and was briefly the capital of the Ayutthaya Kingdom. The biggest tourist draw in Lopburi is Phra Prang Sam Yod - also known as the Monkey Temple. Many mischievous macaques live in the temple grounds and surrounding streets, happy to relieve people strolling by of snacks, drinks, sunglasses, and other items. After saying goodbye to the monkeys, get a 2-hour transfer back to your hotel in Bangkok.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Air-conditioned vehicle Licensed driver All entrance fees Lunch Bottled water
- You will need to leave all your valuable items in the car when visiting the monkey temple, as the monkeys are prone to stealing anything shiny they can get their hands on
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability